1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No. 14, Encarnacion/Sojo - The Baseball Thread continues

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, that was weird.

Something about overreacting to something that happened Saturday.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

If Kennedy and Hughes would have performed better, I think Joba would have remained in the bullpen.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

And realize, 'gola, the "way up" is less than one season...starting last year at Class A Tampa, then moving to Trenton in June, Scranton in July and the Bronx in Auguust.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not with Wang hurt, too. It would have become Mussina, Pettitte, Hughes, Kennedy, Chamberlain.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

True, but they maybe could have survived better with Rasner in the rotation if Hughes and Kennedy would have come close to expectations.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Well, Hank's plan all along was the move him to the rotation but June in place of whoever was doing badly.

Funny thing is, I'm driving back from Pa. last night and decide the run the risk of listening to sterling and waldman on the radio. Through 2 innings, Sterling was putting Joba in the freaking Hall of Fame ... saying he had done everything you'd excpect to establish himself as the Yankees ace, their No. 1 starter, their stopper, this is the guy you want starting a tough 10-game road trip because you know he'll get it started on the right foot.
    He quoted Hank as saying he wanted Joba to become the Yankees Josh Beckett, then Sterling added: "He might be there already and if he's not he will be very soon."
    I had to pull off the road and puke.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Well, he has been very good. Now we just have to see if he's healthy. Kennedy is pitching great in AAA, and should be here instead of Ponson, so I hope he'll get the call if they need someone.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

They apparently are waiting on Hughes who made rehab starts in Tamap and Trenton and will ppitch in Tripl a Tonight or tomorrow.
    They seem to be down on Kennedy for now.

Oh, and Carl Pavano is rehabbing at Double A Trenton!

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Apparently Geise is starting in place of Rasner and they are moving Rasner to the pen for Friday's game.

10. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Note to Lou Piniella.

When you have a one-run lead and three pretty capable righties in the pen, don't keep putting the guy who gives up a run every outing out there.

Signed,
    Every person involved in the Cubs franchise & fan base not named Bob Howry

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

As The Good Doctor would say if he were here:

Fuck Bob Howry!

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hughes hasn't thrown more than 65 pitches in a game yet has he?

Since the injury that is. I thought I read that somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.