1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No. 1? Who cares. Who's No. 3?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Nov 25, 2007.

?

After WVU/Mizzou, who's next in line?

1. LSU

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Kansas

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Ohio State

24 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. Arizona State

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Georgia

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Virginia Tech

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. Oregon

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  8. Oklahoma

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Mayhaps, but they were pretty good last year too and managed to get Purdue and Oregon State at home and Bama on the road. Michigan State wouldn't have done much this year for them anyway. With their conference and the rest of their non-conference sked, they needed at least one home run game.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They tried, believe me. They're allowed 13 games b/c of the travel, but they're only playing 12 because they couldn't line anyone decent up late. They're a lot more willing to play tough teams than Boise State is these days.

3. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

They seem to snag USC and/or Cal to the island once and a while if I'm not mistaken.
    Why more ranked teams don't want to play Hawaii is a mystery to me. Sure you have a lot to lose in the rankings if you're unsure of your team. But if you're confident that you can pound the crap out of them, why wouldn't you agree to schedule a trip? I know it's still work and it's still a team to prepare for, but it's Hawaii. You can at least pretend to act like you enjoy yourself a little.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

yeah, all div 1-aa from now on... oh, wait. div. 2? 3?

5. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

I believe Sparty did back out and I'd wager it had to do with the absolute hosing Sparty received on its last trip to the island. It was 2004, I believe, when both MSU and NU lost and the staffs and players were livid at the penalty disparity.

You think we get PO'd when we hear reporters use the word "we"? Just ask visiting coaches to share their views when the zebras working Hawaii games use the same word.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

is it really that difficult to get people to go to hawaii for a preseason game?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I picked LSU, two overtime losses aside, they have beaten Virginia Tech, Florida, Tennessee, and Auburn. No other team has come close in quality wins.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

LSU didn't play Tennessee in the regular season. The other SEC wins on the schedule were Mississippi State, South Carolina, Alabama and Ole Miss.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Playing Wisconsin? Frauds!

Draft saved Draft deleted