1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No. 1 on the list of worst ways to die?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I've gotta think the asphyxiation in this case would be more of a kindness than piling on.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Exactly right.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If you've ever seen "Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead" ... a bullet up the anus. Twenty minutes of the most painful death ever.

4. Those were soooo awesome - in a morbid way.
    I remember in high school, my parents went out of town - instead of a party - I rented all six or eight of the Faces of Death movies. Watched them all. Entralled.
    It was just amazing of the video footage that existed of all these gruesome deaths.
    Doubt I could watch this stuff anymore.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

A co-worker recently discovered the Faces of Death movies. He loved it. I watched them about a decade ago and when the guy offed himself with a gun in front of his co-workers, that was it. I turned it off and never went back. Just horrible.

The guy who owned the video store where I rented them once joked..."Yeah, I'm thinking about putting these movies on the Disney display."

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's slightly disturbing, Evil Orville.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The first "Faces of Death" was the best. I saw 2 and 3, didn't know if they made more. The original is unbelievable. You're right, Evil, bizarre how they got some of the different video clips. I haven't seen the original since '85 or so, maybe '86 or '87. I forget some of the gruesome deaths. I might have to rent it again, although, is Faces of Death on DVD?

8. http://www.facesofdeath.com/

Not just on DVD. Boxed. Set.

From the website:

9. Songbird

I can't get into that Web site because I'm at Panera, and p'shaw, that must not be kosher enough to break through the security firewall.

Thanks, Evil, for editing and posting that graph about what's in each episode. The monkey brains was fucking bizarre. And I probably replayed the guy jumping to his death a thousand times. I've got to get that box set.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In unrelated news, police are still baffled by a mysterious rash of hobo deaths in Orville's hometown several years back.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

rotten.com and ogrish.com are also not for the weak of constitution for such things.

12. Songbird

I think I saw a photo on the wire last night with the following cutline ...

Evil ... Thy Name is Orville, second from left, prepares to go out for a night of hobo-beatery by joining his fellow droogs for a few pints at the Korova Milk Bar yesterday in Orvillevania.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted