1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No. 1 on the list of worst ways to die?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Wow, that's awful. I've always been torn between drowning and fire as worst ways to die. Other than drowning in boiling water, this is probably as close as you can get to combining the two.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can think of worse, which is exactly why I should never click on threads like this.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As somebody who has been on fire, I can tell you it should be No. 1 on your list.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I tried to tell you not to wear your Steelers' gear to a Raiders game in Oakland, but would you listen? Nooooo.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I always thought you were flaming, Inky :)

But, yeah, the excrutiating pain associated with burning always seemed the worst to me. Drowning -- while sucking -- would last less than a minute before you passed out.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

A parachute not opening, that's the way to go. Getting caught in the gears of a combine. Having your nuts ripped off by a Laplander, that's the way I want to go.

--Frank Drebin

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Especially since you asphyxiate while on fire as well since the flames are burning all your oxygen. Excruciating pain + asphyxiation = no thanks.

10. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Beat me to it. Damnit!

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I admire the guy who was hospitalized in serious condition trying to save the other guy. That's dedication.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"faces of death" ... rent it if you can.

Draft saved Draft deleted