1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No. 1 basketball prospect Andrew Wiggins to Kansas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, May 14, 2013.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I read he didn't tell his parents his decision until this morning and Kansas coaches didn't know until he announced it. My college roommate works in the KU track office and said the basketball offices down the hall just exploded with cheers seconds after the tweet went out.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Today sucked. Not just as an FSU alum, but in living in the heart of the KU fanbase -- among the most arrogant and obnoxious group I've seen. Almost University of Florida levels of self satisfaction.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Just to balance your equation, the worst fans I've ever seen were at Doak Campbell Stadium. Drunk and out of control, they almost beat a visiting fan to death. It was 8 on 1.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm sure the Pump brothers were turning cartwheels over how many tickets they could scalp.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, because the Pump brothers and stolen tickets have anything to do with anything these days. The Shakin' Crackers in Columbia should just be glad Wiggins didn't wind up in the SEC.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Most importantly, what is he going to major in?

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

I have to agree with the romper room tool about Doak Campbell Stadium crowds. I might add that troopers assigned to those games also aren't very friendly.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Those troopers must know your work, Drippy.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't think that's problem Riptool. I think they're either angry they have to work the game or woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Whatever the reason, the Fla. State Troopers working in and around Doak are by far the worst I have experienced at any collegiate event. Hands down.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Was that Kidd or Tracy Murray? Because I remember seeing Murray set or come darn close to setting a state record in the final one year.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

FWIW, the three best high school players I ever saw were Earl Monroe, Patrick Ewing and Doc Rivers.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I never saw Jesus Christ walk across the Sea of Galilee, but I saw Earvin Johnson score 45 points, grab 23 rebounds, dish out 9 assists, grab 9 steals and block 8 shots in a high school game, which was about the same thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted