1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No. 1 basketball prospect Andrew Wiggins to Kansas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, May 14, 2013.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Was he already bald then? I don't remember.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

A little bit incorrect -- this guy might be the best since LeBron, but LeBron was the best since ... ever. Garnett as a rookie was no comparison to LeBron as a rookie.

I'm sure the hyperbole is out there about that freshman or sophomore, but I'm convinced we will never see another 18-year-old as good as LeBron.

3. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

This kid is the real. Seen him play a few times, and he's a special player. Looking forward to see him play in the NCAA.

4. Grant Taylor the prep writer at the (Huntington W.Va) Herald Dispatch, was the only reporter at the signing today.
    He tweeted his followers went from 1,962 followers to 17,800 followers in last 2 days.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

LeBron wasn't so great. He never led his team to an NCAA title.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yeah, my first thought when I read that post was: Waaaaah!

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

No.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I wish there was footage of Kidd when he was in high school. Aside from losing his hair, he looked almost the same as he does now. I've never seen a player dominate a game like Kidd did in high school, but to be fair, I watched Kidd against regular high school teams and I watched LeBron against AAU players and in the McDonald's Game, against a bunch of people now in the NBA... Big difference...

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

He's joining No. 1 quarterback (2010) and No. 1 JUCO football recruits in Lawrence. As a KU alum, I'm pretty pumped for the upcoming school year. I would have guess Wiggins was going to Florida State, but I guess now his parents can rent a place in Kansas for a year and split time watching him at KU and his brother at Wichita State.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Kansas football: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Kansas will be the most improved football team in the country. The schedule is tough, but there's potential to go to a bowl game, which is all most KU fans ask for. Despite only winning one game last year, KU wasn't that far away from winning five or six and filled the most glaring holes with some big-time JUCO transfers and Heaps at QB. KU is going to have one of the best backfields in the Big 12 next year. The Jayhawks won't be world beaters, but 5-7 victories would be huge after Turner Gill destroyed the program.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I watched Kidd as a sophomore in the local HS playoffs; he was so fast, powerful and driven; that was what was spellbinding, that relentlessness combined with that talent. He never seemed out of control either. (As a sophomore at 6'2" he did a wrong foot left hand dunk and I was blown away.)

Draft saved Draft deleted