1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No. 1 basketball prospect Andrew Wiggins to Kansas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, May 14, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Very surprising, considering he looked like a lock for either Kentucky or Florida State. Jayhawks (who lost all five starters) go from Big 12 also-ran to Final Four contenders.

Wiggins is considered the best high school small forward since LeBron James.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22243609/no-1-prospect-andrew-wiggins-picks-kansas

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Wow. Kentucky fans are not happy about this.

Oh well.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If this guy is the best since LeBron, was LeBron the best since Garnett, who was considerably better than Kobe coming out of high school.

I know there is a kid out there now, I think he's a freshman or a sophomore who they're saying is as good as LeBron was at that age. I've covered several McDonald's Games and the two best high schoolers I've ever seen were Jason Kidd, who I played against at a camp in high school, and LeBron.

4. Mizzougrad96

Kentucky has a few months to, ummm negotiate, I mean, get the kid to change his mind... :D

5. Steak Snabler

No. This kid is a 2013 prospect, which means he'll sign today and play at Kansas starting in November.

6. Mizzougrad96

My bad... Wow... Nice get for Kansas... This seems a pretty long time to wait for a top player to make a college decision, especially since they stopped being able to go straight to the draft.

7. Mizzougrad96

One of the NBA draft sites already projects him as the No. 1 pick in the 2014 draft, right ahead of Jabari Parker.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

His daddy could shoot the lights out.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Based on their incoming class so far, it's like someone winning five state lotteries in a row and being pissed that they didn't win the Powerball, too.

10. Steak Snabler

Wow Drip, didn't realize he was Mitchell's kid.

In addition to getting suspended for two years for cocaine use and playing on some pretty good Rockets teams in the mid-80s, Mitchell Wiggins was also the Bulls' starting shooting guard in 1983-84. Lost his job to some bald guy out of UNC ...

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Actually Mitchell was best coming off the bench. He battled Lewis Lloyd for the starting spot with the Rockets but both got suspended together for two years. Mitch had a clutch jumper and wasn't afraid to crank one up.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'd still keep on my batting helmet at all times for the rest of the day.

Draft saved Draft deleted