1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NL MVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Columbo, Oct 1, 2006.

?

Who is it?

1. Ryan Howard (incredible second half, but 2 HRs and 11 RBI in final 21 games as Phils died)

19 vote(s)
    57.6%
  2. Albert Pujols (Many numbers pale with Howard's, but he had a huge finish)

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'll go with Albert. I can't imagine where the suck ass Cardinals would be without him. Oh yeah, behind the Brewers in the NL Central.

I think Reyes deserves some votes, too.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Dear dumbass,

Do you even read the threads you post in, or do you troll via the hit-and-run, spouting ridiculous nonsense without regard to what anyone else has posted.

I gave you the full September stats on the FIRST FUCKING PAGE of the thread. Kindly RTF thread and the answer is right there for you.

In all honesty, do you have no shame? Does looking like an idiot even bother you in the slightest?

Please also show me where I said Howard "dominated" Pujols in September. I ask, knowing you'll ignore this and come up with some ridiculous response that ducks all the points and questions I've raised.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Telling someone to commit suicide should be a crime. They should put you in a federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison, but you'd probably like that, wouldn't you? Go fuck yourself.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Now, don't you start acting like a fool, too.....

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Do you believe that saying someone is "more dominant" than someone else is the same as saying someone "dominated" that other person?

Why don't you find another thread to troll on? It's not going very well for you here.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Answer the charge, goofball.

How did you, in your brilliance, come up with he was "more dominant" than Pujols for ALL of September?

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Um. Let's try this again. I'm going to write in very big letters so you can, hopefully, understand.

READ. THE. FIRST. FUCKING. PAGE.

It's one of the very first things I posted on the thread. And this is the second time I've told you.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Pujols had 35 percent more RBI.

And, again, I'm arguing with a guy who doesn't think that the final three weeks of September are more important than the first week.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I wouldn't really call it arguing. More like you post something ridiculous. I refute it. You ignore common sense, statistics and anything that proves you wrong and post something else inane.

Really, you're just making a fool of yourself. But, given that I'm the only one being suckered in by you, everyone else seems to have figured you out by now.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm acting like a fool? You're refuting common sense with gibberish and then telling people to committ suicide. YOU are the fool.

12. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I'd vote for Howard, but if Pujols gets it isn't that big of a deal.

That being said however, ask any baseball person and the magical date for the stretch is always Sept. 1.

"Historical context" as the tie breaker is bullshit. It is based on what happened this year and who was the most valuable player.

This is the one year that a player from a team in the playoffs vs. one that isn't should not matter. The fact of the matter is that Philadelphia had a better record than the Cardinals. So Howard should be punished because he was in a division with the Mets? Pujols gets the award because the Astros were just a little bit more pathetic in the worst division in baseball.

I also throw this out because I can't believe no one else has, in the month of September Howard's on-base percentage is almost 100 points higher than Pujols (.561 vs. .464).

Draft saved Draft deleted