1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NJ's No.1 girls team DQ'd from state tournament

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Feb 28, 2007.

1. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Damn, too late on the edit.

I'll repeat again: I like the Cavs. I'm not a Cleveland fanboy. But your NJ/NY-centric existence is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

No smilies on this one.

2. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

so, do you think i'll be able to get my money back from the bookie?

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Why punish the kids? That sucks ... Suspend the coach or AD, or both ... Why do the kids deserve this?

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

If you're too fucking stupid to notice, I did not start the thread. I made one comment about one point in the story.
    This is not a bunch of fanboy loosers whining over "only in Cleveland," this is about a very good girls basketball getting screwed by stupid adults.

My NY-NJ centric existence might seem pathetic to you, but given what a stupid asshole you are, your opinon doesn't mean shit to me.

5. da el g

da el g Member

Just have a seat here, sir. Relax and I will be right back with your beer. I will put your walker in the corner.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Prep teams getting the boot happen all the time, not to get caught in a pissing match, but my metro had a prep story about a team getting DQed from the state tournament since the team had violated a transfer rule and didn't know it.
    It wasn't posted on here, even though the team was a state title favorite and regarded as one of the best small-school programs in the region.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

da el g:
    I did not start this stupidity...the fucking looser frmsped did.

As for your lame age joke, you, too, can go fuck yourself, asshole.

Now may we please get back to the topic. Thank you.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Take a chill pill sp ... as usual, you're a class act.

Now, back to the topic:

1. How in the hell can a coach, or AD or principal lose track of whether they played 20 games or not? Are these people so moronic they can't count?
    2. As usual in a situation like this, they're all backpedaling and blaming someone else. There was a good point in the column: if one of the kids made a mistake, such as breaking curfew, etc., and they trotted out this lame crap, the adults would be all over them even more.
    3. The only way to punish a school for this has to involve punishing the kids. I know they didn't do anything, but there has to be some punishment or sanctions. Let me know when you think of a way that punishes the school, but not the kids.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Wait for it ... this is going to happen left and right in the near future. These Saturday "showcases" have exploded all over the East coast. The Hoop Group has something to do with it. They bring in 10 outstanding teams to play each other. We had one ourselves, had three states represented.

1. Penn Charter (Philly) vs. Red Land (suburban Harrisburg)
    2. Chester (Pa.) vs. Harrisburg
    3. St. Benedict's Prep (Newark) vs. Germantown Academy (Philly)
    4. Susquehanna Twp. (suburban Harrisburg) vs. Eastside (Paterson, N.J.)
    5. Bishop McNamara (suburban D.C.) vs. Trinity (suburban Harrisburg)

It's plenty easy to fill your schedule with the usual Tuesday-Friday fare, before you're playing every weekend.

It's natural that some dumb ADs out there are going to forget about the game limit.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I like the idea of punishing the adults but not the kids with one exception. It doesn't work. Hondo and I agree on something for once...punishing the kids is the only way to make the most impact with the adults. As unfortunate as that is.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You've got to be pretty fuckin' dumb to be unable to count to 20.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Thing is, hondo, you don't have these games when you're building the schedule. You're picking them up on the run. You get into one of these January tournaments in mid-December.

This doesn't excuse them; just an explanation.

Draft saved Draft deleted