1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NJCAA tourney in Hutchinson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JakeandElwood, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Did your wife enjoy Rochester?

My uncle's a DIII juco coach in Minnesota, who got killed a few times this year by Rochester, the eventual champ.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

She seemed to enjoy it.... other than the fact that it was 81 here last Tuesday and -2 there when she got off the plane on Wednesday.

She was the crew chief for the national championship game.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'm in seat 3 right now (sans XBox unfortunately) if any sjers want to say hello. I know I'm being moved for the late game, but I think I'll be here until then.

4. JakeandElwood

Last game had a great finish, 82-79 Garden City with a bang-bang block call that pretty much decided the game. Looking forward to Day 2. Any sjers going to be out there? Didn't see any of you today.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not long ago, you would have seen me there. Great event to cover, very underrated, as others said. I do miss going to Hog Wild for barbecue and Anchor Inn for authentic Mexican (the INS once raided the place and took half the workers into custody, so yeah, great food).

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I got a soft spot in my heart for Hutch. Went to JUCO there. Anchor Inn is great. Roy's is the place to go for BBQ. You might run into a few D-I coaches there.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Garden tried its hardest to piss away a 21-point second half lead.

8. JakeandElwood

Well, Highland tied the game, so they kind of did piss the lead away.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

True.

10. JakeandElwood

Huggins is here now. Looks like he's going after a Chipola kid.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Expect to see Pat Knight, Turgeon, and a train-full of assistants as well.

OK Elwood......you were in house for the late game last night.......block or charge?

According to what I've read, the official originally waived off the bucket, started to signal charge, changed his mind, then gave the bucket and the block.

12. JakeandElwood

I thought it was a bang-bang play, but imo West got there for the charge. A no-call would have worked, but block looked wrong to me. Again, it was close so I could be wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted