1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NJ High School Cancels Football Season Amid Hazing Scandal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lcjjdnh, Oct 7, 2014.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Some fucked up shit, if true...

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2014/10/sayreville_high_school_football_hazing_parent_reveals_sexual_nature_of_locker_room_ritual_exclusive.html#incart_big-photo

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Bring on the lawsuits from all directions...

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014/10/some_sayreville_parents_may_sue_district_for_a_lost_season.html#incart_story_package

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As usual, they go straight for the ass.

If I were a parent of a victim kid, the one thing I would make sure of above everything else would be that the names of the perps would be splattered all over the place.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I hope NJ.com goes back to those parents who spoke so eloquently at the meeting about the unfairness to the players (and cheerleaders!) to see if they want to change their opinion. Start with the mom whose video is embedded in the link, the one who said she heard they were just grabbing each other's butts and stuff.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Since when is a school obligated to field a football team, or, for that matter, to have any extracurricular activity? Good luck in that lawsuit. Want a scholarship? Study real hard.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"It's a privilege and not a right" - a favorite expression of educational bureaucrats in explaining why something can't
    be done

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A Stinky Hitler is one thing, but an Anal Pudding Pop goes too far.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

What I love about this whining about "this might cost my kid a scholarship at D-I" is that if your kid is that great, recruiters are already talking to him, and they won't care whether your season was canceled. If you're still 6-foot-3, 200 pounds and can run a 4.4 40, there will still be room for you on a college roster.

Now, it's true they might care if you're a freshman-attacking rapist.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

As Buck would say, Ooey Pooey taken too far.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

its actually better for that kid because he's now not risking injury five more times on a Friday night.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You put your finger in and shake it all about.
    You do the hokie pokie and you turn yourself around.
    That's what it's all about.

12. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Journalists should be mad, too. Costing students scholarship opportunities? That's supposed to be OUR job, dammit! ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted