1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NJ High School Cancels Football Season Amid Hazing Scandal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lcjjdnh, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"I don't know why Cletus drug your tired old bones in here, he musta owed you somethin' fierce. Fact is, mister, you start screwin' up this team, I'll personally hide-strap your ass to a pine rail and send you up the Monon Line!"

2. Morris816

Morris816 Member

This was the remark that stood out to me:

Because we all know the way to get school board members to vote the way you want is to treat them like they are beneath you.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think oop might have a son who plays football:

8:19- The reoccurring theme from players and parents, it's not fair to take away the full season based on allegations.

4. Morris816

Morris816 Member

Another NJ.com article with comments from the father of a freshman football player:

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2014/10/sayreville_parent_freshmen_would_stampede_to_locker_room_avoid_seniors.html

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Are the football parents aware that 18-year olds are not juveniles in the eyes of the law? Some of those seniors are at risk of a felony rap.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I do not live in New Jersey and my only child is a daughter, so your guesswork is as faulty as ever.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

LTL, how dare you intimate that he might live in New Jersey and sire male children. ::)

8. outofplace

My point.

Shot's head.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

Translation: He still doesn't get it. It wasn't even a complex point, so y'all can take that to mean whatever you like.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You're dead on; really nice to see one School Board stand up to the athletics-centric louts.

This is/was an awful situation for the victims and I truly hope they somehow find the strength to overcome.

12. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

As long as we keep the memory of the Sayreville War alive (1824-1827, versus Portugal?), I'm fine with this.

Draft saved Draft deleted