1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NIT pool!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

As long as we're clear on the fact that WVa and Clemson and about two-thirds of the NIT field would (8 or 9 out of 10 times) whomp on two thirds of the NCAA field that got automatic bids.
    I'm talking about the Albanys, the Jackson States, Eastern Kentucky and those types of teams which "earned invitations" to the big dance.
    People come out screaming how the NIT is the 66th-rated team and down from there.
    That's inaccurate.
    WVa and Clemson were better overall than at least half of the at-large teams that "made" the NCAA dance.

2. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I believe Miss. State went off as a 1 1/2 point favorite.

John Beilein's a helluva coach. Couldn't blame Michigan if they made a full-court press for the guy.

By the same token, Bullies oughta be loaded next year. Stans has some decent freshmens, so we're told, on the way, to go with J. Gordon, Rhodes, the Delk twins, in addition to the present-day freshmens, Hansbrough and Stewart.

Helluva shot by Stewart got lost in Nichols' 3-pointer to win it for West By God. Both teams played really well, but Mounties when it mattered ... at the end.

3. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Second-most wins for WVU in school history behind the Jerry West NCAA runners-up in 1959.

4. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

May I gloat now? Do I get a prize?

5. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Best of the Rest

6. DisembodiedOwlHead

I LOVE KANSAS ! BUT ALSO PITTSBURGH THINGS ! LOOK AT MY COOL BIGOTED JOKES ! FRESH AND FUNNY-- LIKE WHEN MY MULLETED POLOCK UNCLE TOOK MY ANAL VIRGINITY IN THE BACK OF HIS PINTO COVERED IN FRANCO HARRIS STICKERS ! HE PUT THE TERRIBLE TOWEL IN MY MOUTH AND RUBBED MY MOUSTACHE AND TOLD ME ONE DAY IT WOULD GROW FURRY LIKE WANNY'S !

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You can dish it out, but you sure as fuck can't take it, DOH. Grow the fuck up.

8. DisembodiedOwlHead

I don't recall ever dishing any unsolicited hate and lies at people based on race, gender, class, geography, religion, etc.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Wow. Just Wow.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Stop with the lectures. The old Pitt fan in me went too far there. I've already deleted the post (and asked them to delete theirs so that there's no record of it) and offered apologies through PMs. Well, and now here. I apologize.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Someone's a fucking baby.

And no, fucking baby, that's not a West Virginia joke. Though it would also suffice.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Since I've never hated on the South - at least not sober, though I could say a few things about Texans and their goddamn rebel flag and their flag in general - did I win the pool?

Draft saved Draft deleted