1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NIT - Done Correctly St. Marys v. Davidson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

The Stephon Curry philosophy;

When you're on, shoot.

When you're off, shoot til you're on.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Holy Shit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/img]

Curry and Ivey are dead ringers.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

how lame are your fans when you have to beg them to charge the floor?

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

After a NIT game to boot.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Ding ding ding.
    And McKillop will let Curry shoot his way out of any slump, good or bad. The thing I do like about him though (and he showed it some last night) is that he's a hell of a passer. It just gets overshadowed because he shoots 23 times a game.

6. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

And he can also play pretty good defense ...

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That was fun. The pace of the game was key; it was like basketball in the 80's push it up but if the clean look was not there, then pull it back out.

As a St. Mary's fan, Mills showed a lot last night, his passing was better than it had been the whole year and he only had 1 TO. Mills' 3 pt shooting was off but he's got nice form and was only slightly off. His ability to pull up and hit the midrange J could be the key for him in the NBA.

Curry though was a revelation in person. He's got a beautiful release and his deep 3 pointer (7 ft behind the line? perhaps, I had a good look and it was deep) showed he's got range that few have. His shot is seemingly effortless. His passing is beautiful to see also but the fact was that his teammates could not take advantage of many of them, failing to finish at the rim or in open 3 pt looks. Curry is not just a standstill shooter either, he's got a very nice controlled crossover to get into the lane and he made a couple of beautiful lay-ins and a sweet teardrop in the lane. (Only bummer was I did not get to see his mom in person.)

As for storming the court, I think the kids hesitated because there was still a few seconds on the clock. It was a great atmosphere. Hoops at its best.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

And now St. Mary's and San Diego State will play in San Diego for the right to go to MSG for the NIT Final Four on Wednesday. Rematch of their game in the Wooden Classic in December. Should be interesting the second time around.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

And, uh, coming to an ACC school near you in 2010-11 ...

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Couldn't figure out what you were talking about until I found this:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9376022/Stephen-Curry%27s-younger-brother-set-to-transfer

I'm crossing my fingers for Washington State :)

I wonder where he will go. Is he as good as Stephen?

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Not as good as Stephen. Can't create his own shot as well as him. Doesn't have Stephen's handles. My guess is that he ends up at one of the Carolina ACC schools, maybe Sam Mills State. He won't go to VT, for sure.

I'd post my own blog entry on this but no one wants to see my ugly mug. :)

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

If U.Va. had a coach maybe the Cavs would have a shot at him. Or would the Tech-alum parents be against that idea?

I wonder how long he'll wait to choose a school.

Draft saved Draft deleted