1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NIT - Done Correctly St. Marys v. Davidson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Mar 23, 2009.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Unbelievable matchup tonight in the NIT.

Stephen Curry and Davidson v. Patty Mills and St. Mary's in my own backyard, Moraga, CA. Game sold out in 29 mins. last week. General Admission seats selling for $100.

Small gym (3,500) and it will be rocking.

What a setting. And Spring has sprung, sunshine and blue skies.

I only hope that since I bought into the hype (and overpaid) that the teams play fast and shoot well so that we get a close, exciting finish and prove that they should have been in the NCAA.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

St. Mary's has a beef about being in the tournament, Davidson does not. However, the Mills-Curry matchup should be a very fun one to watch.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Is this going to be on TV? I didn't even know about it.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

ESPN

Probably the only men's postseason match I'm interested in, mostly to see Curry.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

And of course, the two most exciting teams in the tournament are playing in the second round. That's right, the NCAA is even fucking over the mid-majors now in the NIT.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

curry just hit a contested 3-pointer from about 7 feet beyond the line. ridiculous.

7. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I feel like I'm gonna say something really stupid, but am I the only one who didn't know that Steve Rossiter on Davidson is the brother of the really gangly looking kid on Siena?

I will say this: I am not watching ESPN right now, only looking at the game box score. I imagine they've mentioned it numerous times on TV.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I didn't know either, but I never paid attention either

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is this an 82-foot court? Damn, it's claustrophobic.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Mills, to me, is the much better pro prospect and he proved it when he had 20 points, four assists and zero turnovers when Australia played the US in Beijing. They may not have won, but that's impressive against guys like Paul and Williams.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

mills has 17, curry 11 at half.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sonya Curry is in Moraga. Dell was in Lynchburg tonight watching kid bro's team get ass raped by JMU in the CIT.

Draft saved Draft deleted