1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nip.Tuck. - Yeah, Baby!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Anyone else a huge fan of this show? ... I stayed up late last night to watch the past four episodes - all the ones I've missed this season, and WOW ... I'm in love with Dr. Christian Troy. I missed the first season and caught only half of the second.

Thoughts:
    * There's some great writing. It has an edge to it; definitely not a sit with the entire family and pop some popcorn kind of show.
    *I've learned so much about sexaholics. haha. And blackout sex must be really bad.
    *Will we learn at all this season if Christian is Matt's father?
    *I used to rail on my mom and grandmother for religiously following day-time soaps, however, I guess I'm no different now that I'm addicted to "Rescue Me" and "Nip Tuck" huh?

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

:eek:

Where have you been? This is one of the best shows on TV.

Yet I hadn't seen three of the four episodes last night - yes, I stayed in, too - but it shed some light on things.

I did not know that Kimber Henry at one time was engaged to Merrill Bobolit, who was subsequently sued by the man who wanted his show dog to have hairplugs put in - which leads to Merrill's twisted, disgusting downfall. (The actor who played Dog Guy was the same fellow who played Mr. Pitt on Seinfeld.) Also, entirely missed that Matt's friend went to jail for allegedly raping the girl they hit with the car while high out of their minds. But taking the cake was the transformation of Escobar ... and his downfall at Miami International Airport. THAT was great writing. (As well as a great soundtrack to the scene - The Commodores' "Machine Gun.")

Love the show. Love it love it love it.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is one show I haven't seen but would like to buy on DVD. How much do the seasons go for usually?

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Great show. Was outstanding before last season, when the writing got out of control at times. But the 2005 season was great TV.

Another plug for "Rescue Me." Good interview in Entertainment Weekly with Denis Leary, talking about the show and his character.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Tried to watch it, couldn't find a character to sympathize with, changed the channel.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

[Um, Um, Um] I don't have DVR or TiVo so ... I often don't latch on to too many shows because of my work schedule.

Draft saved Draft deleted