1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nip/Tuck observation

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Oct 12, 2006.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Just starting watching the show this season and one thing is bugging me...this guy who plays Sean. Does his entire expressive range of emotion consist of looking like he's about to burst into tears? It's actually starting to annoy me.

On the other hand, guess we should all hope that the psychotic bitch women in our past get hit by a bus and save us further pain. Sure saved him explaining her to the little woman.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That WAS tidy, wasn't it?

3. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

i am trying to remember why i like this show. it is SO out of control right now. may have to drop it from the rotation.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, the plots hold together considerably better this year than last.''

Outside of that ... I don't know. MAN-ASS? ;)

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Why would you say something so mean? It's making me sad.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

There it is!!! No matter what he's feeling -- anger, happiness, sadness, elation, etc. -- his expression is always like a 6-year old who just dropped his ice cream cone.

And speaking of too much man-ass ... I can go the rest of my life without seeing Rosie's butt crack again.

7. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I totally saw the hit-by-bus thing coming. There's just a certain camera distance that's the official shot-before-character-gets-Ben-Vereened.

I don't like that Sean is seeing dead people. That's a "Rescue Me" gimmick, so can Leary not have a monopoly on that on his own network? They have to know there's a decent crossover audience, so unless it's his dead son talking to him at the dinner table, it's not even that impressive. Glad the supertattooed guy is still getting work in Hollywood though.

The hotness value of the show is insanely down from even last season. Before? Kelly Carlson all over the place. Now? Larry Hagman in a trenchcoat and Rosie O'Donnell missing an ear.

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I've said it before, but this season the show has just become dark comedy. I'm not even aghast. I just start laughing at some of the stuff that has transpired - like Christian seeing himself on YouTube and horrified at the fact that his ass (Man-Ass!) looks bad.

But I'm impressed by Brooke Shields.

9. they lost me last season. this show was great for two seasons. it sucks now.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought for sure the original post in this thread would be a bash of gay libby Rosie.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm a little disgusted that Rosie is getting a second story line next week. The first one was actually rather interesting, what with hubby and stepdaughter, well... but I hope this is it for her as whiny white trash.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You had to love the reaction of the husband and daughter (his step-daughter) when Rosie found the two of them going at it:

Daughter: "Mama, I was just tryin' mah new titties out."

Husband: "Honey, it ain't what it looks like."

Draft saved Draft deleted