1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nip/Tuck -- 9/19 (some spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Sep 20, 2006.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Looks like last season got all the weirdness out and this season, while still a little off, is much better. I thought last night's show was pretty good.

I can't believe that they put the prosthetics on the baby to give it lobster hands, but I thought the sex tape stuff was funny. The doc who got fired, then rehired. Saw a thing where they have a story-arc for her having a lesbian fling with Alanis Morrisette.

And I'll be the first to say, Mario Lopez has a smoking bod.

2. You know what bothers me is the way they're making out this kid's lobster hands to be like the worst handicap thing ever. I have a friend whose daughter was born blind, there are thousands of worse things a child could have than lobster hands. One of my childhood buddies was born with the condition on his left hand. I remember thinking it was weird for about 20 minutes, and forgetting about it after that.
    (though the very intelligent Mrs. Guy says they're making it a big deal to show how superfiicial both he and Julia are even though they pretend they're not. Very smart, that Mrs. Guy).
    The Sean/Nanny thing was a joke. He's the most annonying thing about the show, even more so than Matt. I roll my eyes every time he has a crisis of confidence

3. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

Is it just me, or are they trying to break the world record for the amount of man-ass that gets shown in one season.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, I believe they hired somebody with an ass fetish over the summer.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The nanny (Monica) was really hot in an Akron, trailer-park sort of way.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

My dream: Last episode of nip/tuck features massive emergency cosmetic surgery on ... Curtis "Lemonhead" Lemansky, who didn't die in that grenade explosion on The Shield, which would come on the following week to start its new season. Because nothing would make for better television than Lemonhead laying a surprise beatdown on Shane. Nothing.

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Last night's episode was a bit anti-climactic, but Julia giving birth was almost awe-evoking. I loved the use of YouTube in the opening scenes, and how Christian wasn't so much embarrassed about the fact that the video was leaked as he was his imperfections. But I lost respect for Sean after he got it on with Miss Teen Akron.

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Let's us all give a moment of silence to Christian Troy's a$$

Ahhh.. .and who could forget Mario Lopez's a$$. Please, another moment.

:)

I hope to God Julia doesn't get it on with the new male nanny. haha.
    Yeah, the whole Matt and scientology storyline is odd. Wonder how long it takes before Kimber and Matt are knockin' boots?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The moment you saw he would drive her home, I had no doubt that would happen. But there was no need to show his butt. I didn't turn away quick enough.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I gotta say I really like this season. Last season was intense, but they're not reaching this time and I love it.

They're still using some gimmicks (tons of guest stars) but it works.

Draft saved Draft deleted