1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nine-year-old just shot and killed... possibly by 2-year-old

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 23, 2009.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

And what, exacxtly, does any of this have to do with a two-year-old finiding a gun, shooting his brother and you blaming it in "psycho-babble liberal parenting?"

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The hippy kids down the street don't appreciate the opportunity to go to a good school they are afforded because their dad, the psychobabbler, makes a good living. They don't appreciate the material things their parents buy for them as it is never enough. They don't do well in school, even though the kid who is my son's age is a whiz on the computer and playing those computer games -- so I know he is smart -- and they don't give a damn about their parents rules and they don't have any respect for their parents or most adults.

They spoiled little brats who were handed a silver spoon and are successfully shitting it down the toilet.

Kids who are running the streets from the time they are 7 or 8, because dad isn't around and mom either doesn't care or can't care, kids who go to bad schools, kids that don't have anything really going for them -- they deserve to be graded on a little different curve.

That's not to say that they aren't taught there are very real consequences for their actions -- and I'd argue that spending 12 months in a treatment facility is not exactly a picnic -- but it is to say if we can at least attempt to save them, we should.

3. zagoshe

In this particular case -- it doesn't, I misspoke in my first post -- this was an accident -- which speaks to bad parenting in general.

My reaction was to Simon's idiocy about somehow this being the fault of "Pro-Gun Freaks", which, this has nothing to do with gun control, either.

4. Oh, this is all the bollocks.
    zag apparently lives in the Neighborhood Of Cultural Stereotypes.
    Is it time -- again -- to start posting the red/blue statistics of social dysfunction? The rates of domestic abuse? Divorce? Alcoholism? Which states take the most government money and which states don't?

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

To be honest, all we have nowadays is knives. And pointed sticks.

6. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

If it helps illuminate the fact that bad parents are bad parents, regardless or political persuasion/belief, then yes.

7. Like I said, complete and total BS. Every word.

8. Well, it indicates that there is no correlation between "liberal/conservative" and social dysfunction, which I think is the point here.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Or recently saw Gran Torino.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

We all need to go see Bowling for Columbine, and reconvene here to discuss.

11. zagoshe

What are you talking about?

Government-funded programs in EVERY STATE and EVERY NEIGHBORHOOD are full of failure, and for that very reason.

Again, I know because in a different life, I used to be a liberal idealist just like you and I used to deal with government funded programs on a daily basis.

12. zagoshe

Yes, I agree, you are full shit.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Draft saved Draft deleted