1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nine-year-old just shot and killed... possibly by 2-year-old

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's a good point. I also support shooting quickly and indiscriminately.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My two-year-old will give you his gun when you pry it from his cold, dead hands.... or something like that.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Well if you are a single male who never has kids in the home do you need to lock the gun? Or can you just keep it on a shelf with the safety on? As long as you are alright with it I don't see a problem with it. However if there are kids in the house that's an entirely different story.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Your two year-old won't have time for guns when your two year old is having an affair with a high school teacher.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I wonder if the two-year-old shit himself when he found out he shot someone.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

And I reckon the reason you have not heard one legitimate argument is likely because you're against handguns and as you've demonstrated that there are no legitimate arguments in your mind -- in other words, you are not objective about it and therefore not really worth trying to have a discussion with.

And you saying "is not a legitimate argument" doesn't make it not a legitimate argument.

7. Since he grew up with gun-toting teenagers in his neighborhood, I'll defer to zagoshe's expertise on this issue.

8. zagoshe

Thank you.

And I never said I grew up in a bad neighborhood, I said I lived in one.

Get it right.

9. My bad. It's hard to keep your fantasies straight.

10. zagoshe

I'm guessing you have a hard enough time keeping your own fantasies straight, well that is without the help of the internet and Cinemax.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would not leave an unlocked gun lying around. I've had to switch to a cheaper brand of dog food and my dog would probably shoot me.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

So tell me again Zag how liberal parenting is responsible for a 2-year-old pulling the trigger.

Draft saved Draft deleted