1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NIKE, Titleist, Kansas City Royals

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, May 11, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Saw some of the Greensburg golfers on the news. They were in awe of what Titleist did. One kid said, "By far the best golf clubs I've ever had." The golf team, by the way, won the tournament it was in.

This is great to see. I especially like the Royals coming out to fix the baseball field.

2. boots

boots New Member

It would be good if the other professional sports team in KC does the same thing.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Probably more important than rebuilding the high school field, is getting the youth fields back up and running.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Wow, Nike putting the h.s. seniors through college is tremendous. Nothing wrong with rebuilding ballfields and getting new equipment, but that is some kind of generosity by Nike.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

When I saw the thread title I thought, "Name three things that get whacked on a regular basis."

;D

Good for those three, though. I hope a good word also gets said for the thousands of volunteers who are helping the cleanup.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Field ain't the problem, my man. It holds us as well as every park built since its inception. Same can't be said for the team, though.

Seriously, that's a class act by all companies involved... especially Nike. That's phenomenal.

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

U of Oklahoma sent a truck with stuff. Here's the release:

8. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

FB Bat: You're Carnac. Hi Yooooo.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Nice to hear some good news in a thread once in a while ...

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I was stuck in the service department of my Chevy dealer Friday and they had the LPGA on TV. The woman who won last week's tournanment (name escapes me, she was Korean) donated $100K of her $216K first place check to Greensburg relief. She's never been there, doesnt know a soul (or maybe it's seoul) from there but just said that she's made a lot of money in the U.S. and this felt like the right thing to do.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No doubt. What they're doing is amazing. Kudos to all three for what they're doing to help.

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

That would be Mi-Hyun "Kimmie" Kim. Won one of our tournaments last year -- where she held off Lorena Ochoa down the stretch -- and was very entertaining in her post-tournament pressers.

A classy, classy golfer.

Draft saved Draft deleted