1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NIKE, Titleist, Kansas City Royals

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, May 11, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Just got a call from my mother.....as some may know, I have a cousin and her family that live in Greensburg......A Titleist truck showed up this morning, and everyone on the golf team was getting specially fit for new Titleist clubs, bags, balls, hats, everything.

NIKE is putting every graduating high school senior in Greensburg through college.......Bad thing is......Cousin's family just moved there 2 weeks ago, and the high school senior they have was staying back in their other town to finish out school.

Kansas City Royals are sending a bunch of guys out to start rebuilding the high school baseball field.

I know there is a separate thread on Greensburg, but I just wanted to highlight these 3 companies for doing a very good thing.

Thanks.

Chef.

2. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Incredible. Just incredible.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Wow. Nike doing a great, great thing. They all are.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Guess now I'm going to have to start liking Nike.

5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

The Coleman corporation, also based in Kansas, is supplying truckloads of lanterns, sleeping bags, tents and other equipment or gear for residents and workers.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Nice to see companies chipping in to help, even if they don't have the greatest history in the world. Class work by all.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Good stuff, there.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Don't mean to rain on the parade, but I really hope it's done more out of altruism than seeing the marketing coin they'll get from all the news plugs for "doing the right thing."

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Honestly, that really doesn't matter to me. I hope they get plenty of good publicity. Now, exploiting it, OTOH, would feel dirty.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter to me a damn bit if these companies see some reward from this. Hell, they should.

Sears and all those companies who support the Home Makeover show get pimped weekly. THEY'RE the ones in it for the marketing coin.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Same here, I could care less. They're doing something. That's better than nothing.

Now where the hell is Home Depot and Lowe's?

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Excellent point, TBF. Companies doing well by doing good.

Glad my son owns Nike stock.

Draft saved Draft deleted