1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nike Field Reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ThatGuy, Apr 17, 2009.

1. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Member

Company: Nike
    Position: Nike Field Reporter
    Job Status: Part-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: May 22, 2009
    Job ID: 1046294

Description:
    Who We’re Lookin’ For One lucky lady between 18-24 who’s sassy, smart and sports savvy. If you’re in the know and on the go, it’s time to take your shot at being the first-ever Nike Field Reporter.

What’s a Field Reporter?

If you think you have what it takes to volley one-liners with Maria Sharapova, kick it with Mia Hamm, and Q&A over cappuccinos with Serena Williams, this is your dream job.

Right now, we’re holding open casting calls for a Nike Field Reporter.

You’ll jet set across the country to interview the most talented female professional athletes. Get the dish on what they’re into at the moment, ask the questions no one else will dare to ask, and get the last word with the biggest girls in the game.

All your on-the-job expenses (including travel and gear) will be paid for by us. And best of all, your profiles will appear every month on NikeWomen.com.

Here’s What You Need to Do Send us an audition video and show us that you’ve got the skills. In 3 minutes or less, tell us why you’d make the perfect Nike Field Reporter. Give us insight into who you are and why you’re right for the job.

Show us you’ve got spunk This is no job for the camera shy. Or the easily intimidated. Show us you can talk a good game, as well as play one. Make us laugh. Impress us with your quick thinking and your storytelling. Knock our kicks off.

Show us you’ve got game You gotta be able to hang with the pros. If Diana Taurasi talked about “droppin’ dimes,” would you know what that meant? If you had to snowboard with Gretchen Bleiler, would you be able to stand up?

Show us your creative side Pitch us your craziest idea on how you’d challenge Jessica Mendoza, Tamika Catchings or Abby Wambach if you landed the gig.

Stuff to Remember You must be between 18 and 24 years of age. For eligibility reasons, we can’t accept applications from college sports team athletes. And remember, video auditions must be limited to 3 minutes in length.

To accelerate the approval process, please don’t wear your school sports team uniform or mention your school sports team name.

The deadline for submissions is June 15. And the next Nike Field Reporter will be announced on July 15. For complete details and to apply online, visit NikeWomen.com. Some restrictions may apply.

Good luck. We hope you’re the one

2. bruins2585

bruins2585 New Member

Don't bother. I already submitted my application and am getting it :p

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why is Nike allowed to blatantly discriminate when hiring?

4. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Member

I just don't have the legs for it...

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

My thoughts, exactly.

Nike certainly narrowed the field of candidates right there in that first sentence, didn't it?

6. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Maybe this guy has a sister. Just reading that ad made me dumber.

[​IMG]

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I don't give a crap about following women's sports in my free time and have no idea who Gretchen Bleiler, Jessica Mendoza, Tamika Catchings or Abby Wambach are.

I doubt a guy is getting this gig unless he's a giant douche.

8. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

No serious journalist uses that type of language in their writing. At least, I hope I'm not the only one who believes that.

9. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I don't think a guy would be considered. :)

10. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

What is with all of these job openings using "street lingo" lately.

First Jim Rome asks if I'm "hungry" and can "grind" now I have Nike asking if I know what "droppin' dimes" means.

Jeebus. I'm glad Im not a women or I might have been offended by this listing.

11. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

You beat me to the punch, SportsPredictor. ... Why don't the geniuses in HR at nike just go all the way and add an item or two to the job posting. C'mon nike, just do it:

"The lucky winner must be a stone hottie, C cup (minimum) and willingness to go with one more button undone in front of the camera. Being blonde is a plus but not required. ... We offer a competitive salary, benefits and a guarantee of hooking up with a rich and famous professional athlete at some point."

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The carpet doesn't have to match the curtains. Some girl-on-girl on-cam playing is required.

Draft saved Draft deleted