1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nightmare on Elm Street remake

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cowboy2001, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't care if they do it well and I've heard the Friday the 13th remake was quite good, and the Halloween remakes and Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake were good but get a fucking original idea already...

Horror films can be made for next to nothing and they make big $$$ so this isn't going to end anytime soon.

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was good? Could not be more incorrect there.

And these remakes being horror movies is the only reason I don't look down on them as harshly as dramatic or comedic remakes ... horror movies rarely aim to be great.

Original ideas don't have an opening weekend box office built in like "name" series do ... sad in some ways, but reality.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought the one that Michael Bay did in 2003 was pretty good. I never saw the more recent one.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

We already know what happened ... a nun-ghost said he was the bastard son of 1,000 maniacs. Then, he turned into a TV and bashed Patricia Arquette's head in, made his hand into a syringe and said, "wanna get high?" to a junkie, and was killed by Body Double's Craig Wasson as Dokken played them off.

Jeez.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

And people ages 30 to 45 will go see any turd if you dress it in some childhood nostalgia.
    And they'll drag their kids to see it.

6. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

OK, there's this one, the other's mentioned, the alleged Red Dawn remake and a new version of Fame that just opened.

Were the '80s really all that great?

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That Fame remake looks uberfail. Kelsey Grammer can't possibly hold a candle to the Hague guy as the grizzled veteran.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

Same here. I liked Shocker better than any of the Freddie movies.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Shocker?

Release the hounds.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted