1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nifong ethics trial on Court TV

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

FB, you seem to understand the issue. You work for Legal Aid?

2. No, but the slow destruction of things like the presumption of innocence, due process, and the guarantees of IV through VI has been a hobby of mine since the war on drugs got launched in the 1980's. They are the only things on which I agree with Bob Barr -- well, that, and eating whipped cream off of strippers. In theory, of course.

3. Guy_Incognito

How come it can be a hobby for you, but these guys have to devote their professional lives to it to satisfy you?

4. It's not a question of being satisfied. Seligman said he might go into law. I said, you go, dude. I suggested they make commercials with James Giles, which I still believe they should. If he goes to work in a brokerage house, he can make his bundle. I used "hobby" as a colloquialism, GI. Lighten up.

5. Guy_Incognito

This formulation can keep me plenty light. There seems to be a change in tone that works. Consider me enLightened.

6. F8vortex

F8vortex Member

(It was laughable to see Dick Brodhead's response to Nifong yesterday on ESPN, admonishing him for embarassing the legal system and Duke University. The sumbitch and his faculty has yet to formally apologize to the three students. It would be wise to do it one of these days, if they get around to doing it, those sanctimonious pompous Ivory Tower fuckers)
    [/quote]

Actually the faculty members who picketed outside of the lacrosse house for the players immediate casteration wrote a letter to the student paper stating that they were right in their reaction to the story and have nothing to apologise for.

Draft saved Draft deleted