1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nifong Apologizes, but where is Crystal Gail Mangum's apology

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Jul 26, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Stay classy.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

When I first saw this thread title, I thought to myself, "For once, abbott wants the stripper to apologize to HIM!" :D

3. Yes, that's true. But the DA's office needs the players as witnesses. They can't prove that she lied in her rape complaint without them.

4. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

You're kidding here right? If not this might be the stupidest thing I've ever seen you post. Do you really think the 3 have things that they're hiding? Do you think the facts of what happened that night haven't been thoroughly investigated and exposed to the world?

None of them will sue her because there is nothing to gain from doing so. She has no money, so what's the point? These families have already spent a large sum on the criminal defense, why would they keep this case alive for no gain?

The DA's office should be prosecuting her to set an example that crying wolf about something as serious as rape is not tolerated, and carries heavy consequences.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Oh, really....pray give us some examples

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

C'mon. Fenian's posts on the Duke lacrosse faux rape have been nails since this case broke.

7. Yes, and the DA will have to call the players -- ALL the players -- to testify. This will leave them open to cross-examination. I don't think they want that. I think that's part of the reason why the new DA hasn't moved on her. What's your explanation?

8. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

My explanation is that everyone in Durham just wants this case to go away. There was so much despicable conduct by so many parties that everyone wants to pretend that it never happened.

9. I think you're right.
    But the topic of the thread was why hasn't Mangum apologized, which morphed into why hasn't she been prosecuted. Both you and I agree on the answer to the latter, I think.

10. Mmac

Mmac Guest

You know, I really don't care about if Mangum apologizes, she's gonna have to deal with the stigma and humiliation for having done this for the rest of her life. Let her be.

The better question is where's the contrition from Jesse Jackson, the Duke faculty, Sharpton and others that continue to carry themselves as people of weight and importance without regard to the damage caused by their irresponsible self-serving conduct in this case. Those are the apologies I'd like to hear.

Draft saved Draft deleted