1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nifong Apologizes, but where is Crystal Gail Mangum's apology

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Jul 26, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So 3 guys who had nothing to due with generations of repression of blacks deserve to have the government attempt to destroy their lives in the name of reparations.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

They're coming to lock us up right now!

3. heyabbott

The proverbial one bullet paradox
    [​IMG]

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Agreed.

What a joke Nifong is. Its so great that he was caught and disbarred.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Some guy Spiritned knows.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Reparations? Please tell me you're not being serious. I feel for the kids, their lives may never be the same, but they were indicted because of an unethical buffoon of a prosecutor. That has nothing to do with "reparations."

7. heyabbott

blue font. learn it, live it, love it

8. Mmac

Mmac Guest

A liar completely fabricating rape allegations, a ravenous Duke faculty demanding consequences, and national "civil rights leaders" descending on Durham to organize bloodthirsty marches demanding an indictment might've had something to do with it too.

9. Yes, and guys who could afford the best legal help available, as well as access to the national media, fought back and won.
    Please google "James Giles" and realize why I don't think this is the Scottsboro Boys and consider, for a moment, why you are outraged by this case and not that one.

10. Mmac

Mmac Guest

FB, I did just google "James Giles" but saw no references to a case of outrageous injustice-do you have another link?

So, as to why I'm not outraged by that, its b/c I don't know about it yet. But, if it involves similar circumstances, why do you think we wouldn't be just as outraged? And why would the existence of other terrible injustices mitigate our right to express outrage over this one?

You're only seeing this one addressed here because it happens to the topic of this thread. If you start a thread about the Giles case, I'm sure you'll see your outrage.

EDIT: Did just find reference to Giles case here: http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/500.php Yes, 25 years of wrongful imprisonment is beyond an outrageous injustice. But I'm still not quite getting why that's a valid counter to people expressing disgust over this entirely separate case.

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Fenian...you continue to say these guys had "access to the National media", thats because it was a national story! You portray the Duke case as a regional thing, only covered by the local Durham media.....but then these rich white kids and their money called up NBC,ABC, CNN etc. and demanded coverage!

Yes, they could afford the best legal reps.......but don't blame the coverage on them.

12. heyabbott

http://www.jamesgiles.net/ http://www.james-giles.com/ ???

Draft saved Draft deleted