1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nick Van Exel's Son Charged with Murder

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Dec 30, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I would have bet anything he was well beyond his 40th birthday, but you're right, he just turned 39. I thought he was ancient in college. Maybe I'm mixing him up with Sam "Willie McGee" Cassell or Bobby Jackson.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

NVE always LOOKED old. Not to the Oden level, but he never had a youthfulness. He has old eyes.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

his Cincy team with Corey Blount lost to Montross' UNC in the region final at the meadowlands (think it was 93). good degenerate gambler buddy of mine loved it. he had a bunch on UNC giving 4 or 4.5. tie game UNC inbounds 2 or 3 sec left. Phelps or Lynch (forget which) somehow got completely free but missed a dunk at buzzer. Van Exel misses like 3 or 4 shots in OT and UNC wins by about 8.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

NVE was born Nov. 27, 1971, so he just turned 39. The kid was likely born during his freshman year at Cincy, which is not a record or anything.

Former Alabama star (and Minnesota Viking) David Palmer had three kids before he ever even suited up for the Tide. He's 38 now and his oldest son (David Palmer Jr.) is like 22.

5. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

That was awesome. Nicely done

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Who knew horsing around with shotguns was a bad idea?

Draft saved Draft deleted