1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nick Saban's bumper sticker

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Splitting hairs? Look, I think everyone on this board (myself included) and frankly everyone who has ever known him would stipulate that the guy is a prick. That's why it's all the more pathetic that you can't find a legitimate point to bash him on, rather than trying to invent one.

Does that drive me nuts? not really. Make you look like an ignorant hack? More likely.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I wasn't bashing him, shit for brains. While I really do hate him as a person, I was sticking up for his choice of ride.
    The point I was making was that Mercedes is a major player in the Tuscaloosa area because of its plant. And before someone bashed him for not "driving Amurican," I was pointing that out. It doesnt matter that the car isn't made in Tuscaloosa.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They've had pictures of his car in various news outlets. I remember one place having a picture of his car with a ticket on it from a year or two ago... Also, at a lot of schools the HC has a reserved spot that a lot of times is in a very open place... Not sure if that's the case at Bama.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Got a feeling his car will be seen parked next to the Cuyahoga soon.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

WTF? This to resurrect a five-year-old thread?

6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Amazing, a spam post bringing a five-year old thread back to life.

Might as well take advantage of it. Is the chatter about Cleveland worth following? I can't see him leaving his Tuscalooser Kingdom.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If Bama repeats, I don't see why he would stay. Nowhere to go but down from there.

I'm not sold on Weeden as the reincarnation of Roger Staubach, but he seems solid. A stable QB situation would lure Saban back to the shield.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Great pull, Salmor. Now bring me a beer!

Draft saved Draft deleted