1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nick Saban: For the love of God, SHUT THE F___ UP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jan 15, 2007.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I love this brief from sportspickle.com
    <i>
    Nick Saban said to be interested in Miami Dolphins job
    Sources close to Nick Saban say the Alabama head coach has instructed his agent to express his interest in the newly-vacated Miami Dolphins job.
    “Nick feels he has some unfinished business in the NFL and the Dolphins job is a pretty good one,” said a close friend of Saban’s. “But mainly, though, he heard Wayne Huizenga say that he’ll pay any price to turn the Dolphins around and that really got his attention.”
    But while those who know him say Saban will listen to offers from the Dolphins, the coach himself denies those reports.
    “I am happy to be here at Alabama. There is nothing to these rumors,” he added, before excusing himself to conduct a phone interview with the Dolphins.
    </i>

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Most of the SEC media is more than used to swallowing...

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

How immature can you get?

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Just read a book of stories by standup comedians on the road. One was a NYer (or, notherner at least) who was bombing in front of a Bama crowd. Finally, he went off on a Bear Bryant rant which included "Eff Bear Bryant in his dead, cancerous ass!" Needless to say, dude got out of town REEEEEEAL quick.

5. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

That interview was absurd. He was combative the entire time. Why so combative? Why does he hate life so much? And why does he hate people even more? I just don't think there's any room for that, in any profession, any line of work, any relationship. He's a douche, and sadly, friends on the Alabama beat are now realizing the clusterfuck the university has gotten them into.

6. I was waiting for this type of a statement from Saban. He had to say something to cover himself so he didn't look like a complete jerk. Although, this wasn't the best way to do it. I think if this had been a more "I'm sorry for decieving Miami, that wasn't right" type thing it would have gone over better. The public tends to forgive.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Three wins over Auburn and they won't give a fuck what he says/does or makes.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yup. Most of them will be crazier than Collette

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Wrote a piece on Saban, after he took the job. Brought up a lot of positive Bama history, while
    also going chapter and verse on Saban's career behavior patterns. Got a lot of e-mail from Tide
    faithful. The majority was reasonable, from people amenable to rational discussion. The minority
    was straight from Crimson-colored-glasses fantasyland. I was not impressed.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

When he leaves -- three years, four years, five years from now -- they will feel like a siege has ended. Trust me.

11. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Tell me if this works: The Germans siege of Leningrad, Russia:: Nick Saban's attitude towards all things dealing with him and his pogrom, i mean, program.

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Will he be there long enough to play Auburn three times?

Draft saved Draft deleted