1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nick @ Nite Schedule

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jello042, Nov 4, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Repped for real talk!

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I've been picking off WKRP episodes forever. The DVR is filled with episodes from WGN a couple years back, and I've got VHS tapes when it ran on the local affiliate 20 years ago.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Family Ties is now shown on The Hub (294 on DirecTV). Two episodes each week night.

4. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Nick at Nite and TV Land are total garbage now. Oh, yeah, Wings is a real f'ing timeless classic.

They need to show Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Get Smart, Dragnet, and other actual REAL programs, whether people like it or not. That lineup listed earlier, I wouldn't watch any of those shows except Cheers.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Family Ties, Wonder Years, Doogie Howser--that is a Hall of Fame two-hour block.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with Wings. Tony Shaloub and Thomas Haden Church are a darn good starting points for a cast, and Steven Weber has been a solid series TV guest star, too.

7. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Look, Wings was a watchable show. I've seen a fair amount of it in syndication. But it distresses me that many of the greatest TV shows of all time and not on television any more. People still watch Casablanca, but generations of Americans are growing up without ever having seen Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, etc., and that is a real cultural loss.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Is the audience for, say, Leave it to Beaver or the Honeymooners as good as it was 20 years ago, when both were heavy in syndication and on major cable channels? Outside the Andy Griffith Show (in the South, this is an immutable part of the TV schedule), there's little if any black and white programming.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. This is actually some newbie troll's idea of what N@N SHOULD show? WTF?

And what the hell kind of line-up is it without Hot L Baltimore?

10. jello042

jello042 New Member

You are correct, the problem is the definition of classic is becoming more current and because the shows changed so drastically back then its hard to believe anything within the 25 years or so can be labeled as classic. Shows seem to evolve quicker, I still find it hard to believe Seinfeld is almost 21 years old. As far as the market outside of shows being 30-35 years old or higher it is becoming very small, and we are losing part of our television heritage and alot of shows will be forgotten.

11. jello042

jello042 New Member

I agree

Draft saved Draft deleted