1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nick @ Nite Schedule

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jello042, Nov 4, 2010.

1. jello042

jello042 New Member

Thanks everyone. I am researching on preserving Nick @ Nite and keeping with their ORIGINAL format (which were 20-35 year old classics shows for adults and families).

Nick@Nite has kept the family format but really does not focus on adults anymore. If they kept their format what I posted is what their schedule would be basically.

@imjustagirl - glad that will give you something to watch at 4:30 or than Infomercials and 6 hour block reruns of the Nanny or Roseanne everynight.

@Wenders - as a marketing stand point TV Land claims there are not enough viewers for black and white or baby boomer shows anymore so they are trying to transition to another "me too" network with newer stuff. Funny thing is reruns ALWAYS got lower ratings than newer shows, so their claim is not an excuse.

@Mizzoguard -Parker Lewis is a good show to run in the Summer months because, as you mentioned there were not enough episodes but it was able to make it to cable syndication.

@Mystery Meat II - I agree about Growing Pains, Who's The Boss? but felt i'd try something a little different.

@Baron - Thank god for YouTube where if you never seen the show you can watch it there. They also have 227 on there.

@Stitch - You are correct, it was ran in the summer months or as a replacement show late at night.

@Monday Sports Writer - Punky Brewster would fit better in the regular Nickelodeon timeslot rather than Nick@Nite.

hopefully I was able to answer everyones post and I will post a Weekend schedule in another topic later.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Why the hell are you embarrassed? These shows are still airing 25-30 years later. It's not like you watched Manimal, Lottery, Dreams and Matt Houston....did you? :D

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Holy shit, Matt Houston. I thought I dreamed that show. Guess it was real.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Trash Punky Brewster? GO PLAY IN AN OLD REFRIGERATOR!

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I wonder why Alice isn't ever re-run?

[​IMG]

Oh yeah. Now I remember. Because Linda Lavin terrified the fuck out of ... well ... me. Especially when she dressed up like a man.

To me, Alice and One Day At A Time were the CBS equivalents of Peppermint Patty and Marcie.

6. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I wish someone would rerun episodes of Joe Forrester.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

When does Blossom and My Two Dads get their spots on the lineup? They do have Full House ...

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

This list is shit without Alf.

9. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I miss Family Ties and WKRP.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

That was a freaky episode. Not that we had old refrigerators lying around in the country, but it still scared me as a kid.

Oh, and Nick @ Nite is nothing without Rosanne.

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

It's all gone downhill since the days of Get Smart and Dobie Gillis.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I watched all of them, and the only one I'm embarrassed by (except the composite # of hours) is 227 - what an awful, awful show.

The show that I'm curious if it would still work today is Moonlighting - I thought David Addison was the best character ever imagined (by a healthy margin over runners up Sam Malone, Victor Sifuentes, Coleen McMurtry, & Harry Stone).

Draft saved Draft deleted