1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nice SB Nation long form read on rural white kid who played ball at black school

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Scoop returns, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Scoop returns

Scoop returns Member

I remember hearing about this kid a few years back. Always wondered what happened to him. This story by Justice B. Hill provides great insight into this kid and what his time was like at Morgan State. It is also interesting that his relative short time at the historically black university still has an impact on him to this day even back in his small rural town in Indiana.

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2013/2/19/4001034/james-reed-morgan-state-white-basketball-player-profile

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I thought it was a good piece, too, but I thought the fact that he left Morgan State after a year came WAY too late in the story.

3. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Does the writer post here?

I need to know this vital piece of information before I decide on my opinion regarding this particular piece.

4. Scoop returns

Scoop returns Member

Norrin,

I don't think Justice posts here but I am sure he probably comes to the site from time to time. I believe most in our industry take a peek but don't like to admit it.

5. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

Very nice read.

Draft saved Draft deleted