1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nice athletes and coaches

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Dec 7, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

OK, we get a lot of milage out of piling on Cutler and other athletes that might not be so nice. I wonder how far a nicest athlete or coach thread will go?

Please mention athletes and coaches that we might have actually heard of before. I'm sure that DIII assistant tennis coach is a hell of a guy, but... You know what I mean.

I will start it off with an athlete that I got to know when I ran a basketball program in Upstate New York - Walt Frazier.

Pure class and patient as a saint with any kid with any problem and any question.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Frank Beamer
    Mark Buerhle

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Mike Leach?
    Mike Keenan?

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Antonio McDyess is the nicest athlete I've ever interviewed. Bart Starr is a close second.

5. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

This is a bit of a violation of 93Devil's rules (re: obscurity), but if you've been on the NFL thread since Sunday, you've heard of this guy, by mistake:

Derek Stingley

Total class act when I covered his AFL exploits, a clear reflection of his father.

He sheepishly admitted he'd never had a drop of alcohol in his life until he had a little taste of champagne after his team won the Arena Bowl. Just a good kid.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

They're all great guys!

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Matt Hasselbeck

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Michael Finley

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

The tennis coach at my community college...oh wait.

Tony Clark
    Mike Lowell
    Robin Ventura
    Todd Zeile
    Orel Hershiser

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Always super nice and always overly helpful to me but is a total mean ass to his players...

Micheal Ray Richardson

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Chad Pennington

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Jeff Burton
    Jeff Gordon
    Jimmie Johnson
    Tony Stewart is a nice guy, but horrible to the press. Gives a LOT of money to a LOT of people and doesn't send out releases about it.
    Joey Logano is a great kid. I hope he doesn't change.

and 98 percent of the Nationwide Series drivers.

Draft saved Draft deleted