1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Niagara Falls, fireworks, Springsteen and an engagement

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Magic In The Night, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Halfway through, I was like, "I can't get my wife to go to Springsteen with me (after the Rush debacles of 2007), what a lucky dude."

Then later, I said, "OH."

Now, I say: "Congratulations."

Pretty awesome.

2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Thanks Piotr. It pretty much doesn't get any better than this. Only sad thing: Bruce tour is over.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Congrats, girlie. :)

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

That was my thought too!

Congratulations, Magic. That is a wonderful story......thank you so much for sharing it with us. All the best to you and your love, now and always. :)

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Magic! It's an incredible feeling. Glad your man was able to do it in style. And I just hope you never get pissed at him if he grabs Faith Hill's ass at a concert. ;)

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, Magic's fiance is a lucky dude.

I'd love it if my girlfriend liked the music I do. I dragged her to one concert at the House of Blues. It was standing room only, and it was a disaster.

Went by myself to both Clapton and Dylan (standing room only) in the last few months.

7. Magic In The Night

We just went to Dylan a few weeks ago together. I've always loved him but just never made it to see him live. Was a great show, you could even understand most of the words.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Congrats, Magic! Good things happen in Canada, huh? ;)

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Congrats. Not really a Bruce fan, but I freaking love Niagara Falls. Been there twice, and the sheer awesomeness of it way overpowers the touristy stuff that's sprung up there.

I got to stay in that Embassy Suites once, for an absolute song. I hope you partook in breakfast the following morning. Omelets taste much better when you're overlooking the falls just a couple hundred yards away.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I've seen him a bunch of times. I thought he was only ok. Didn't love the set list and he enunciated even less that at some other shows I've attended.

I did think that Charlie Sexton was great on guitar.

But I also know I made the right decision by leaving my girlfriend home. She would have been miserable.

11. Magic In The Night

Absolutely! Actually, some of the people from the Springsteen board we were with over the weekend were joking around that maybe the engagement wasn't "legal" since we did it in Canada. I said, oh no, we had our passports!

12. Magic In The Night

I agree on Niagara Falls. I hadn't been in like 12 years and was really, really amazed all over again. And that Embassy Suites has moved into my top three hotels ever. I went down and brought breakfast up to our room so we could eat it there. I had gotten an omelette for myself because he doesn't usually like them and brought him a bunch of other stuff but he ate half the omelette, too, it was so good. Oh, and one touristy thing Niagara Falls has that is pretty cool is a HERSHEY STORE! Never seen one of those and luckily we got away from there with just a quarter-pound of unbelievable fudge. Couldn't stay any longer than 15 minutes, too tempting.

Draft saved Draft deleted