1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Niagara Falls, fireworks, Springsteen and an engagement

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Magic In The Night, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Ok, so some of you may remember this topic from right about this time last year.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/63933/

A lot has happened since then. We moved in together in April. It got better and better. We began to talk about marriage and weddings and such. Then there were the Springsteen shows to go to. First, one in Detroit, then Milwaukee and finally the tour finale in Buffalo. An amazing three-pack if there ever was one.

But that was not to be the most exciting thing. We drove quickly across Canada last Friday to Niagara Falls and checked into the Embassy Suites Fallsview. It was pretty much the nicest hotel room I'd ever been in, complete with a gas fireplace and a jacuzzi tub all looking out floor-to-ceiling windows to the falls. We went down for the free drinks and figured out which table was going to be the best for the fireworks at 9 p.m. We talked to the manager about getting that best table. Then we went back up and got all dressed up and came down to dinner. Ordered an appetizer and some drinks and then ...

First there was a poem by a South American poet about the Earth moving to bring us together.

Then he dropped to one knee and asked for my hand in marriage as he slid the most beautiful diamond ring I'd ever seen on my finger. I was crying and hyperventilating as I said, Oh my God, yes, yes. The other tables all applauded and a few minutes later, fireworks exploded over one of the great wonders of the world right in front of our eyes. If ever the Earth moved to bring anyone together, it was right at that moment. I knew I had done the right thing by waiting all my life for just the right Springsteen fan, er, love of my life, to propose. It was, as the man says, Magic in the Night.

Oh yeah, and at the Springsteen show two days later, as Bruce crowd-surfed right over us, I could not resist the urge to squeeze his ass. Figured I'd never get another chance like that.

So there you go, got engaged, squeezed Bruce's ass and outed myself as female on SJ, all in one week.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Congrats Magic! I wish you and the SO nothing but the best!

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nice. And I was pretty sure you were a guy.

4. Magic In The Night

Yeah, that was the general idea. But now that there isn't a politics board anymore, I can just be who I am.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Welcome! And congratulations. Awesome engagement story.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Congrats!

Now show your ...

Ah, nevermind.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The happy couple:

[​IMG]

And I wondered why Bruce looked especially giddy during the crowd-surfing segment. :eek: :eek:

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Congrats MITN!

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Unlike Yankee Fan...I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW YOU WERE A CHICK!!! You were way too sensitive and nice to be a dude. :D

Congrats. What an awesome story. Have you guys already begun pricing Springsteen cover bands?

10. Magic In The Night

Thanks so much! I actually looked into the B Street Band but they are waaayyy too expensive. They charge like $5,000 plus travel expenses. Hey, I'll take my chances we could maybe cajole Bruce into it for that price! I mean, he's not touring next year. What else is he going to be doing next summer? :D

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

See, I was kind of thinking gay man. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

BYH is not gay.

Draft saved Draft deleted