1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL Winter Classic thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by writing irish, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That's bullshit

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Damn, I bet she would be dominant at goalie.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

I'm not sure how anyone could make the Senators look good, after seeing that debacle Saturday night.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Or on a special edition of Coach's Corner with Grapes....who gets the upper hand?

My vote would be for Cherry, who would dazzle Oprah into stunned silence with his fashion sense alone.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

The idea of Cherry meeting Oprah on the fashion plane is a bizarre notion, to say the least.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Well I've watched enough Oilers hockey this season to know not to put anything beyond their reach -- good or bad.

7. writing irish

Tonight's Wings-Hawks game is the 700th meeting between the teams. Looks like Conklin will play and Lidstrom won't. No word on who the Hawks will have in net, but I'm guessing Khabibulin tonight and Huet on Thursday.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And Versus is showing Devils-Blues. ::)

NHL Network has USA-Kazakhstan, for those who enjoy extended beatdowns.

9. writing irish

Wings just scored their second very pretty goal of the game and it's 2-0 Detroit about halfway through tonight's game. Chicago is playing reasonably well but Detroit is looking like the superior team that they are. Bulin got beat on two goals (Datstuk, Franzen) that very few would have been able to stop.

10. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Good story on Rocky Wirtz from Chicago Magazine. He's extremely forthcoming on family matters here.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/November-2008/The-Breakaway/

The No. 1, 2, 3...1,003 reasons the team is in vogue again is because they (drum roll) put home games on TV. Any of us could've started this resurgence. They essentially changed their motto from: "Go F*ck Yourself" to "Hey, don't f*ck yourself, watch the Blackhawks on Comcast!"

11. writing irish

Conklin was sharper than a tack in tonight's shutout win.

Hawks looked like they thought they could get it done on energy alone. I think the younger players on the team might be a little too jazzed from the win streak and the media attention on Thursday's game. Maybe getting a mild thumping from Cup champs will remind them to focus on fundamentals and execution instead of just being the fun-to-watch kids.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hawks had some pretty good early chances, especially with early power plays.

I think it was something like 10-1 in shots in favor of the Hawks in the first five minutes of the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted