1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL whoring out to NBC, no surprise here

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Det. Jimmy McNulty, May 28, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Detroit does this at the Fox Theatre and sometimes Comerica Park. It is pretty cool. Went to it in '02 and '08.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Beef, AMac, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Flames/Oilers show the away games on giant screens in their respective rinks when they made it to the final?

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think I remember seeing fans at the Saddledome for games played in Tampa back in the Lightning/Flames final.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Carolina did it a few years ago when they won.

5. maberger

maberger Member

pretty sure i remember NYR doing it versus VAN in 1994

6. Castaway

Castaway New Member

Thank you. The truth is that the NHL is desperate and will always be desperate, even with their "record high" ratings. They act like a desperate group would.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

No problem with the whole big screen thing. I've done it a few times, but it's really inconvenient and you can't hear the sound very well.

But it gets people out and going downtown and creates some sort of atmosphere. And sells food and beverages.

Draft saved Draft deleted