1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by AMacIsaac, Mar 3, 2009.

1. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

ESPN is reporting that Calgary and Phoenix are working on a deal involving Lombardi for Jokinen.

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Globe's Bruins blog says Petteri Nokelainen, who was cleared for contact yesterday, is being held out of practice because he is involved in a potential deal.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Smyth has a no-trade. Obviously, he have to waive it.

Saw the Avs Saturday night. They were dead, no legs and no energy. I thought that Smyth and Hejduk could bring back young players and picks to a team that desperately needs it.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Gary Roberts went unclalimed on waivers, the Bolts are still working to try and move him.

Would you like that deal AMac? I'm not sure I'd give up too much for a guy who has underperformed this season, and has never been to the playoffs.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

He certainly put a show on last night against the Devils 49 saves, I believe

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

TSN hinted that Toronto might shut Toskala down for the rest of the season.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I have to think they went to Smyth and asked him for a list, it doesn't make sense to me to pull two good chips off the table that far in advance of the deadline.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Hradek just said Aucoin may be part of the deal as well, to help clear out some cap space.

Aucoin is in the final year, with a $4 million contract.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Smyth has a no-trade. Obviously, he have to waive it.

Saw the Avs Saturday night. They were dead, no legs and no energy. I thought that Smyth and Hejduk could bring back young players and picks to a team that desperately needs it.[/quote]

I have to think they went to Smyth and asked him for a list, it doesn't make sense to me to pull two good chips off the table that far in advance of the deadline.[/quote]

I'd agree with that.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

NHL Live said the Jokinen to Calgary deal is done.

Obviously, Sutter is going all in for the Cup. Great move.

11. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Slap my ass and call me a cowgirl, Sutter makes the blockbuster deal so far.

Lombardi, Prust and a first round for Jokinen.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

How many Ducks will be gone by the deadline. Anyone?

Any more deals for the Devils? Any talk?

Draft saved Draft deleted