1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL to KC?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/168728.html

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

So, in other words, every single person that didn't get the Penguins is now going after the Predators.

3. I might buy the team. That article says one guy offered $190 for it. I could get that out of the ATM right now.

4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I no longer care. Shit like this makes the NHL look like a joke.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

As I said in the original Predators thread, that will be a long commute for those folks in Hamilton who bought season tickets.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'm from KC, and I agree. From both a business and personal aspect, I'd much rather see the NBA come to town.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I guess we are all out of the bidding. It turns out that, according to the National Post story, it's $190 million.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Let's see. You can move the franchise to an NHL-obsessed city where it would be instantly the No. 1 game in town, with perpetual sellouts as far as the eye can see.

Or you can make the team third fiddle in a town where pro hockey has never caught on, where the city barely has the means to support the teams it already has. For $48 million less ($1.6 mil or so per team ownership group).

If I were Balsillie, I would instantly sue, just out of spite. Especially if the Nashville owner is only making this deal to avoid paying legal bills.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sounds like Balsillie continues to step on everyone's toes, trying to take three steps at once. Isn't that what doomed his effort to get the Penguins? Guy needs to have some patience with things like this.

11. This idea failed once.
    So, naturally, the NHL will try it again.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The NHL never wanted the Pens in KC. It did everything it could to make sure the Pens stayed in Pittsburgh. So what you said is technically not true.

Draft saved Draft deleted