1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL summer movement thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by soccer dad, Jun 27, 2006.

1. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

I read that he's drinking less and training more...might be worth a shot if he works cheap. Say, Ottawa? He can't work out any worse than Tyler Arnason

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Rank this move among the dumbest of the summer when everything is said and done.

Avalanche trade Alex Tanguay to Calgary for a defenseman and two second-round picks.

This kind of reminds me of the Chris Drury deal a few years ago.

Tanguay is just another Colorado salary-cap let go.

Fudge the 'Lanche, I think I would have dumped Hedjuk

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Six months ago, the rumour was JR to Calgary next season. He and Tony Amonte are best friends. The Sun had a story on draft day.

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

linemates at Thayer Acadamey back in high school.........pretty solid line.

I played with their other linemate in a bar league last season, he was good too, played at Harvard.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Kaberle's much maligned because of his rule to pass rather than shoot but he's the best break-out guy on the team and provides a nice support system to protect against McCabe's cowboy tendencies

Steen is a good hockey player with solid instincts. You could do worse.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

They coudl definitey do worse but if we're talking the pattern of what Lowe is looking for - defined by some Edmonton Media - being one young up and coming defenceman, one young up and coming forward, and a first round pick, only Steen fits the bill.
    I like Steen and wouldn't mind seeing him in an Oilers Uniform, but I Kaberle - as steady as he is, does nto meet the criteria. He's a good defenceman but not a top level defenceman like they are looking for. My best guess - or call it wishful thinking right now - would be Jay Bouwmeester and Nathan Horton for Pronger. It's one of the original rumours, and still it's the one I like the best.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Went to Chipolte for lunch and had a movement as hard as a puck, this summer. Does that count?

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

From a Penguins board, which got it from another board, which got it from another board, etc., etc. ...

Sabres' new logo leaked?

[​IMG]

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Well it looks like both my sources are wrong so far - Redden just re-signed with Ottawa for two years and $13 million. As well it doesn't look like there is goign to be an Oilers PC this afternoon announcing Pronger trade. Fuck.

As far as the new Sabres logos, it depends on the colour of the uniform, if they go back to the blue with gold trim they should be fine. The logo is not horrible, but I would like them to go back to their original logo

Draft saved Draft deleted