1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL summer movement thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by soccer dad, Jun 27, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Great news for Penguins fans. There might actually be some hope of the team remaining in Pittsburgh, after all.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Through my sources this is what I've heard and been able to find out.

The Pronger deal is all but done and will be announced on Thursday when he gets back from Mexico. To whom and for what I do not know.

The Oilers are the odds-on favourites to sign Wade Redden.

3. soccer dad

soccer dad Guest

sullivan out as coach of the bruins.

mactavish is a free agent, as the oilers didnt pick up his option before the playoffs. it should be noted that mactavish was so miserable at the end of the season, he was saying he would quit if the team didnt get there.

and, beef, i do think redden is very interested at the possibility of playing in edmonton.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Mac-T will be back in Edmonton, he and Lowe are good buddies and they will get a deal done. However, I would not be heartbroken if e did decide to go a different way. I've been pining for his dismissal for several years now. He's not that great of a coach, his handling of the goaltending situation this season is a prime example. It's no coincidence the special teams sucked under his command almost every year of his reign except this season when they happened to pick up a guy named Pronger to QB the PP and anchor the PK. Every year year they hit the skids for two months at a time right around Christmas or just after and it costs them every year., and they have to scramble to the last game to try to make the playoffs, and sometimes they miss altogether. However, if they're not going to keep him I'd like to see them move on sooner rather than later. Roloson made him looik good in the playoffs, that wasn't genious coaching, that was Roli standing on his head for three rounds.

As far as Redden goes, my source on his likelihood of him signing in Edmonton are people who are close to the Redden family and they are saying Edmonton is likely the front runner. Of course it may not happen, but I woudl be surprised if he went elsewhere.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Former Red Wings coach Dave Lewis to coach Boston, Booth Newspapers beat writer Ansar Khan reports.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Lewis headed to Boston

Lewis deserves a chance. I think part of his problem in Detroit was that since he had been an assistant coach, he was too close to the players.

7. soccer dad

soccer dad Guest

patrick roy, dick duff, harley hotchkiss & herb brooks into hall of fame.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Loved Dicky Duff.

9. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

Met him once when he was scouting for the Leafs. Nice man. No dino ciccarelli, even though they tried to play up the sympathy "His dad is gravely ill" angle. Guess he had some issues, but he also had 600 plus NHL goals. Discuss

10. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I still think Dino should be a Hall of Famer. If he managed one Stanley Cup, I don't think there would be any question.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I hear Marc Habscheid will be the assistant in Boston.

Chara interested in Toronto????

12. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=169956&hubname=

Roenick wants to play for a Canadian team.

Hmmm... What Canadian team could use another over the hill guy with a history of concussions?

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted