1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If the Cup ever came anywhere near where I was, I would make an effort to go see it, take a photo.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's coming to my city, courtesy of the Kings' director of amateur scouting who was the local OHL team's general manager for several seasons.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I need to scan the photo me and HC with the Cup at the Goose after the Hawks win.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

How he drove that team into the ground and landed on his feet in the NHL is a mystery to me.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

He's an insufferable asshole. Naturally, everybody loves him now that he's announced he's bringing the Cup here. Good thing I've already seen the Cup enough times that I can be scarce that day.

The coach, who's even more of an asshole, also got promoted when he left the Sound and also eventually made it to the NHL, briefly. Last I heard, he was in the WHL.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You don't have to go to a parade to see the Cup. Hell, here in Boston you would have to have stayed in your all summer to miss it last year. No kidding, some of the Bruins brought it to a saloon about a half-mile from my home, and this was hardly an unusual event.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Any SJers in Vegas for the NHL Awards? If so, I'll buy the first round.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Is it time to start an off-season thread yet?

9. mb

mb Active Member

It was five days ago when somebody started it. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted