1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Apr 11, 2012.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Cos, I don't think he was too far out of the net so much as he lost his angle.

He drifted slightly to the right but still, even if he was in perfect position, I'm not sure he would have stopped it. It was about as a perfect shot as you can get.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No doubt it was a hell of a shot. To be fair, the game should have been over in regulation. How the Bruins missed that open net with about four minutes left, I don't know.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No kidding. If Caps had won, Lucic would be playing that missed open goal in his mind for the rest of the night.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And here we go again ... Sharks win 3-2 on Havlat's second goal of game early in second OT.

5. dieditor

dieditor Member

There's my Blues. If you can bet on one team to give up a bad goal to cost themselves home ice, they're always a good bet. Frustrating.

6. HanSenSE

Or, the Sharks trying to prove to me, again, they are not underachievers this time of year. It's one of their better talents.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The Sharks have been underachievers since they entered the league.

Love that franchise, but seriously, will they ever blow that team up?

They will never win anything with Joe Thornton. Huge talent, no balls

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And they'll play some more in Glendale.

9. HanSenSE

If they do a quick exit, wouldn't surprise me. Natives got very restless after the choke job vs. the Ducks two years ago, but that was followed by back-to-back trips to the conference finals. And now, barely sneaking in this season ...

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Where was his fucking defense? The Caps have one guy playing I think is flat-out awful and I'll never understand it. Holtby faced six straight minutes of power play by the Bruins and held up, made a lot of good saves. The Caps had SEVEN shots through two. SEVEN. I saw one Cap, Aucoin, get his ass knocked right off the puck at least three times.

How do you have seven shots through two periods?

Holtby won me over last night, even if that last goal can be classified as a bad one. And I don't think it can be. Hell of a shot by a guy allowed to skate in alone and take it.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I have watched about 30 minutes worth of hockey in the last two nights. That is more than I have watched in the past 5 years combined.

Hockey play by play announcers are phenomenal.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Green?

Draft saved Draft deleted