1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yep.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Shea Weber turnbuckles Henrik Zetterberg:

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Yeah ... he's going to be sitting for a while. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the rest of the series.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Let the whining in Pittsburgh begin. I already heard plenty of complaints while I was there over the weekend about having to play the Flyers in the first round. Now the Penguins piss away 3-0 goal lead, with the first Flyers' goal coming on a play that probably should have been called offside. Not a good start.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I'm glad all the "Canucks in four" posts got in under the wire (on the NHL thread, too).
    Guys, there's not that much difference between the teams. Canucks will still probably win the series, but it's crazy to predict sweeps.

And Byron Bitz (I admit it, I never heard of him) earned the major/game misconduct. He came in with elbows flying and crunched Kyle Clifford's head into the glass. At least as flagrant as the Weber-Zetterburg shot mentioned above.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Absolutely retarded. I'm betting three games, but just one would not surprise me.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I never thought I'd say this - go Flyers

8. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

From @LAKings last night...

"To everyone in Canada outside BC, you're welcome."

I'm trying to be objective. I really am. But the Canucks are a freaking detestable team.

9. Not probably should have been called offsides. . . definately should have. It was at least buy two strikes. But, that was one goal. Pens shit the bed after the first period. In my eyes, every team not named the Flyers or Red Wings would have been done after that late goal by the Pens in the first period. Unfortunately, they were playing the Flyers, who never seem to get rattled when playing the Pens this season. The Pens have jumped out to a pair of 2-0 leads and, last night, a 3-0 lead over the Flyers, and have lost all three of those games this season. The series is a long way from being over, and I expect the Pens to even it up on Friday, but that was a bad, bad loss to open the series. The Flyers confidence has to be sky-high right now.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Don't turnbuckle your opponent when the game's already over. When you do, you [possibly] get suspended for the series. When you get suspended for the series, your team suffers a crushing defeat. When your team suffers a crushing defeat, it can't afford to resign you. When it can't resign you, attendance plummets and it misses the playoffs for two years. When it misses the playoffs for two years, the franchise has to relocate to Quebec. When the team relocates to Quebec, hockey dies in the mid South.
    Don't turnbuckle your opponent.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If only they were as honourable as those Boston Bruins.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I said probably on the offsides because I didn't see it. Sounds like it was pretty blatant. Still, even with a bad call, there is no excuse for blowing a lead like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted