1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL planning outdoor game for next season according to ESPN.com

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jun 3, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Knowing Bettman, he'll put the outdoor game in Atlanta or some place south, because he'll think it will draw more fans if the weather is warmer. ::)

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

What happened to the Rangers/Islanders game that was supposed to be in Yankee Stadium?
    For that matter, what happened to the college games that were supposed to be played in Fenway Park?

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

They did that a couple years ago, I think.. on like a -10 degree night somewhere in Canada. There were some cool AP pics of the goalies wearing stocking hats... er.. toques? over their masks.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Edmonton.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I was there it was awesome to say the least. It was I believe -27 C, might have dropped below -30 as the night wore on, not sure.

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

[​IMG]

Will these guys be there? :D

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm not a big hockey fan, but I think this is kinda cool (no pun intended).

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

They should do it in Central Park at Wolman rink-- Rangers/ Devils

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Didn't the Kings and Rangers play an exhibition game in a parking lot in Las Vegas? It was more than 100 degrees and the ice sucked (duh!)

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He'll want to, for sure. Hopefully his hockey people will explain to him that it's not a good idea to have players splashing around in melted ice.

Both were put off; the colleges and NHL need to run feasability tests to see if they can turn The Stadium and Fenway into rinks.

Are there any seats around the rink? The league is not going to have two teams play without charging admission for it.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think pr value would be way more than would league could get for gate.

Draft saved Draft deleted