1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL Leafs to sell pink sweaters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by the_rookie, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I've worked with someone like that. Team colors only, nothing else is acceptable.

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Considering the amount of pink Sox hats I see around Boston.....it sure seems those guys in marketing know what the women want. It's hardly patronizing if 99% of the women buying a hat, choose the pink one.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

I think I'd die on the spot if I saw some dude walking around in a pink Wendal "Don't Call Me Wendy" Clark jersey.

4. KP

KP Active Member

Chick, sadly Larry is dead on here. Tony Massarotti is just plain sick of the "pink hats"

From back in June.
    http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=141843&format=&page=1

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

While I'm not a big fan and don't purchase such things for myself, my wife does own a pink Yankees hat, a red Yankees hat and a pink Yankees tank top. She does have a regular hat and some other normal team color attire.

She likes it. She wears it. I used to wonder why such things would exist but now, I just don't see the problem with it.

Some people just prefer wearing certain colors. At the same time, they would like to support a team. So, slap the team logo on some shirt and there you go.

You don't like the pink sweater or hat? What do you think about the polo shirt or the shorts? Last time I checked, teams don't wear polos or shorts on the field.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

The pink is far less patronizing than it is capitalizing on a somewhat recent desire of women to be viewed as feminine. Frankly, it started out as a refreshing change from the power suits of 15 years ago. But as with everything, our society overdoes it.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

FYI: Any wanna tell Karch Kiraly a pink hat is femmy? The greatest volleyball player ever has been wearing his trademark pink Speedo hat out on the beach courts for about 15 years now. Ol' Pinky Hat has been drilling the young stud puppies well into his forties.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

When is Wendel gonna admit that the wife and kids are just a front and he's really still in love with Toller Cranston? :eek: ;D

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Love the pink sports gear.
    Woman in a pink Hines Ward jersey: very sexy.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ha, now THERE is a rumour from the past! ;D

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Don't forget Stephane Richer and ... and ... what was his name?

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If pink is such a fucking wonderful sports color, how come no teams have it as a primary or secondary? And if a team had pink as their primary color, what would you do for alternate jersies and the like?

Draft saved Draft deleted