1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL 2014-2015 regular season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Tryout must have gone well. Brodeur signs with St. Louis.

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Where has everyone gone? This is sad.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Must be open season for goalies. Bryzgalov signs a tryout contract with Ducks. They are down to Igor Bobkov as the backup. He was horrible in the minors. Freddy Andersen has been shaky, started 14 games in a row, but finished only 11 of them.
    Corey Perry suffered a knee injury last night in the first period and didn't return. He was hit low by Keith Ballard of the Wild. Hard to say if it was a legit hit, but it didn't matter to Nick Thompson, who pummeled Ballard a couple of minutes later.
    Oh, and the Ducks keep winning regardless.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

didnt see it but I imagine it was a Ballard hip check. Fuck Perry, that is all.

5. ChrisLong

He should change his name to that. "Hi, I'm Fuck Perry. That's what everybody calls me."
    We like him just fine.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Great player, piece of shit. Goes all the way back to junior.

7. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself, JC.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Here's what I learned on my weekend away:

The Phoenix Coyotes changed their name and have a Chinese hockey broadcast.

After leaving hockey in 2007, I really don't know who any of the players are anymore.

9. ChrisLong

Fuck Perry said Ballard's hit was clean. He said he knew it was coming and blamed himself for not acting quick enough to position himself to take the hit. He said it was a hyperextended knee, which he has had before.
    Ducks continue on, winning four in a row. Heading into Monday, they lead the league in points and are second in wins (NYI).

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

In old news, Ottawa fired Paul MacLean the other day.

In news from last night, Buffalo shutout Los Angeles 1-0 at home. Hard to believe but the Kings haven't defeated the Sabres in Buffalo since 2003. Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and St. Louis still to go on LA's current road trip.

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

How many times have the Kings played in Buffalo since 2003?

12. ChrisLong

This was the sixth time since their last win on February 21, 2003.

Draft saved Draft deleted