1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NH Official: "That N***** In The Whitehouse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think the guy should be drummed out of public office both for what he said, and for doubling down on it.

I just find it funny that the Washington Post is sending a reporter to knock on the guy's door.

Really? If Mitt Romney didn't own a house in this hamlet, no one would have ever heard of it.

I would venture that every hour of every day, someone, somewhere is referring to the President using the N-word. It's silly that the WaPo is treating this as national news.

2. YankeeFan

The only thing Bill left out was the N-word, but he's the most respected Democrat in the country:

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Harry Reid got close: WASHINGTON — Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid apologized on Saturday for saying the race of Barack Obama – whom he described as a "light skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one" – would help rather than hurt his eventual presidential bid.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

But you're the Internet tough guy, unafraid of everything, ready to show everyone who is really the boss.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

How can anyone else hope to speak truth to power if zag isn't around to school the P.C. police by dropping racial slurs on message boards?

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Words have consequences. They have always had consequences. You seem to have just woken up to a reality that has always existed.

His freedom to be an offensive, racist ass hasn't been "criminalized." He's not going to jail. He (nor you) shouldn't be surprised, however, when others are offended by someone calling a black man a nigger in this day and age.

There was nothing criminal about his racism. He does hold a public job, though, and one that requires judgment and an appearance of no bias. As disheartening as it is that ignorant, hateful assholes like him still exist, it is just as heartening that it has gotten the reaction it has. The fact that you don't understand why that reaction is a GOOD thing -- things have changed for the better -- says a ton about you.

The people in that town also have every right to boot him on his ass, and hopefully it happens. That isn't criminalizing his words. It is him learning that your words have consequences. In this case, hopefully they do.

7. YankeeFan

I like how he justified it by explaining that it wasn't racist. The President just happened to fit the definition of the word.

Where have I heard this before?

Oh yea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnO6ai0Ktro

My old mom told me, ‘Robert, you can’t go to heaven if you hate anybody.’ We practice that. There are white niggers. I’ve seen a lot of white niggers in my time

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If the report is true, he didn't use the word. Like it or not, that makes a difference.

Also, this is a second-hand report. He did not confirm it and stand by the statement as the police commissioner in NH did.

Once again, SportsJournalists.com's Republican party cheerleaders are relying on failed comparisons for their latest attack on "the bad guys."

9. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Never thought I'd see the day when someone would mention Robert Byrd on a thread about some racist lunatic or Kermit Gosnell on a thread that had nothing to do with abortion.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

You must be new here.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He gone:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/05/19/n-h-police-commissioner-who-used-racial-slur-in-reference-to-obama-resigns/

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You clearly weren't here the night Whitney Houston died. That would have explained a lot for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.