1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL's top 100 players... according to CBS Sports...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, May 17, 2012.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

They were #1 in both yards allowed and points allowed last season.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd have Eli fourth or fifth...

3. 93Devil

I would as well. I have him on par with Brees.

Roethlisberger is the tough one for me because I love his ability to turn a complete shit play into a positive play. I have watched him win so many games doing that, so it is tough for me to say Brady is better, when he folds up like a tortilla the second anyone breathes on him. But Brady is just so freaking good at picking a defense apart.

If Rodgers makes another deep run in the playoffs next season, he will probably be on top of this list in 2013. I also think Newton bumps off someone off this list very soon.

Of course, before people start screaming, this is only my opinion, and it is skewed by what I like to see in a QB. (Insert rape joke).

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Right now I'd put Brees ahead of Brady, both Mannings and Roethlisberger. He's coming off the best season of his career. He's younger than Brady and Peyton. By the end of last season he was playing just as well as Rodgers.

I'm not taking into account lifetime achievements, just how I'd rank them right this moment.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Rodgers is head and shoulders the best player in the league, imo.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you took every NFL GM and let them pick one player to build a team around for the next decade the two names you would hear the most would be Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck. If you disqualified Luck because anything at this point about his NFL career is speculation, I'd be surprised if any fewer than 25 GMs took Rodgers first.

Top five (I'll make Peyton and the draft picks ineligible...)

1. Rodgers
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Eli
    5. Roethlisberger

Next five
    6. Rivers
    7. Ryan
    8. Cutler
    9. Newton (with a bullet)
    10. Stafford

Just missed: Bradford and Romo

7. 93Devil

I would go for the next five...

Stafford
    Newton
    Cutler
    Rivers
    Vick

And this is for next season only. If I was running a team for the next ten years, Vick, Brady and Brees would be off the list with Roethlisberger and Eli much lower.

Ryan has never overly impressed me.

8. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

That is all well and good, but there are other defenses I watch and think they are better. Definitely a good defense, but I would rather have Baltimore's or SF's.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not sure about Baltimore's. They were up and down. I definitely thought San Francisco had the better defense. The Steelers faced a pretty easy schedule in terms of opposing quarterbacks. That helped keep their yards allowed down.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

While it was a fantastic season, it was just one season.

Need to see more from Cam Newton before christening him with honors of this magnitude. Will he continue the ascent? Will he learn the kind of things from Rob Chudzinski that he can use years down the road after Chudzinski likely gets a shot as a head coach?

Draft saved Draft deleted